Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Pull of Finishing

I've been reading these excellent blogs about writing - agents, writers and editors - and I've realized why I'm so excited about finishing my book. I really want to meet these people. I want to hang out with them. I want to talk to them about awesome books I've read and I want to buy them a beer. I feel like the nerd at school, eyeing the cool kids thinking that if my hair was just a little longer/flippier/curlier, then I'd be in like Flynn with them.

No, I know... just don't disillusion me right now.

I had a good writing day yesterday - I managed to write during my lunch hour (unusual) and I was able to re-read and edit almost immediately. I wrote about 1200 words, and after editing was down to about 700 good words :)

I'm also working on my query letter (it gets amended everyday!) and my synopsis. I know that seems a little cart-y and horse-y, but I find that it focuses my mind on the bigger picture.

Does anyone else start with the pitch, then the synopsis, followed by the novel? No? Just me?

Oh crap.

No comments: